[Haskell-cafe] Comment Syntax

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:55:47 CEST 2011

On 7 June 2011 17:50, Guy <guytsalmaves-h at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 10:45, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
>>
>> On 7 June 2011 17:41, Guy<guytsalmaves-h at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>> I originally posted because I found that --| stood out much more clearly
>>> as
>>> a structured comment than -- |.
>>
>> How does a missing space character make that stand out any more? :/
>>
>> (Admittedly, I rely more on emacs using a different colour for Haddock
>> comments than non-Haddock comments.)
>
> Try it without emacs :-)

I've also read un-highlighted Haskell code; I don't see "--|" standing
out any more than "-- |" does.  My guess is that you just get used to
it...

Another argument against special-casing "--|": what happens if you
want to use a _different_ documentation generator (I don't know why
you would, but someone might) than Haddock, which uses a different
markup identifier?

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com