[Haskell-cafe] partial inheritance

Patrick Browne patrick.browne at dit.ie
Mon Jul 18 19:09:33 CEST 2011

On 18/07/2011 13:52, Ketil Malde wrote:
> I'm not sure the question makes sense, if "fly" is a method of class
> Bird, then it can't also be a member of class Penguin.

I am actually doing a language comparison and I was checking out a paper
that said:
"Type classes allow for partial inheritance, so that penguins can be
birds without flying behavior."
My question is concerned with the language constructs to do this rather
than the semantic validity or desirability of such construct.

But as pointed out by Jerzy my question is silly because can penguins
can fly:

This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie