[Haskell-cafe] Cabal proxy configuration

Azeem -ul-Hasan azeeem at live.com
Fri Jan 28 07:00:38 CET 2011

Please explain this a bit. Where are the configuration files for cabal install. I tried to enter the line in the terminal and it apparently it accepted i.e gave no error but then running cabal update results in this error
No action for prompting/generating user+password credentials  provided (use: setAuthorityGen); returning Nothing
cabal: Failed to download index 'ErrorMisc "Unsucessful HTTP code: (4,0,7)"'
This is the first time I am using cabal so I am almost completely blank for it.
Thanks
Azeem