[Haskell-cafe] How hard is it to start a web startup using Haskell?

Haisheng Wu freizl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 03:17:46 CET 2011

Turns out that those guys doing start-up with Haskell are already expert at
Haskell.
Hence choosing Haskell is more straightforward.

I'm thinking of using Haskell since it looks cool and beautiful.
However I have little experience and will move slowly at certain begging
period.
This sounds not good to a startup company.

Comparing with Django in Python, Rails in Ruby, yesod and snap looks not
that mature.
Also, for instance, I'd like to build up a CRM application company, I
could leverage some open source projects in other languages.  In Haskell,
we need to build from scratch basically.

Appreciate your suggestions/comments.

-Simon

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:30 AM, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com