[Haskell-cafe] How to get Cabal to spit out a .a library suitable for linking into C/Objective-C

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:35:10 CET 2011

Howdy,

I'm trying to figure out how to get Cabal configured to compile and link my
Haskell code such that the code can be part of C and/or Objective-C code
such that all the Haskell dependencies are rolled into a .a file and can be
linked by a normal C linker (e.g., ld).

I've been through
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.2/html/users_guide/ffi-ghc.html#using-own-mainand
the associated linked, but I'm unable to find out the Cabal
incantation
to output a library that's linkable into my other code.  Any pointers or
examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

--