[Haskell-cafe] I've just heard of a neat security measure that when you compile the code it generates different object code...

Chris Wong chrisyco+haskell-cafe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 00:43:11 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM, KC <kc1956 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... with the same functionality.
>
> Thus, your program would be a moving target to hackers.
>
> Would this be challenging with ghc?

Although it's possible, I doubt this would do anything. Most exploits
are just programmer mistakes; changing the object code doesn't change
the fact that there's a gaping security hole in your program. Plus, it
would be harder to debug the compiler, since the mangling code would
be non-deterministic by definition. So I doubt anyone would try to
implement that.