[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCEMENT] xmobar 0.14

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 14:09:44 CET 2011

2011/12/10 Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <jao at gnu.org>

> I'm happy to announce the release of xmobar 0.14.
>
> Xmobar is a text-based, minimalistic status bar for linuxy systems,
> written in Haskell.  See http://projects.haskell.org/xmobar for
> details.
>
> Many, many thanks to the many, many contributors, and apologies for
> taking so long to put their code and fixes under a new release.
>
> In this episode:
>
> _New features_
>
>  - New brightness monitor, courtesy of Martin Perner.
>  - New DateZone plugin, for configurable timezone and localized
>    datetimes, also by Martin.
>  - New keyboard layout monitor (Kbd).  Yes, by Martin.
>  - Rewrite of the event handling ([issue 53], [issue 57]), you
>    guessed it.
>  - Cpu monitor now also reports `iowait` field ([issue 55]).
>  - Battery monitor: the full charge file is now settable in the
>    monitor arguments (olpc systems use `charge_full_design`; see
>    [issue 62]).
>
> _Bug fixes_
>
>  - [issue 45]: Fix for crashes with AC status changes in battery monitor.
>  - [issue 48]: The <quality> field of Wireless behaves like a percentage.
>  - [issue 50]/[issue 61]: `MPD` monitor now works with libmpd 0.6.
>  - [issue 60]: Fixes for crashes on power resume for battery monitor.
>  - Template sections without fields are now correctly displayed.
>  - Catch errors when reading battery status (Ben Boeckel).
>  - Compilation issues with ghc 7.x (Sergei Trofimovich).
>  - Fixes for CoreTemp monitor in new kernels (Norbert Zeh).
>  - Fix for pulseaudio problems in volume monitor (Martin Perner).
>  - Fix for parsing errors when a `Run` entry ended in an array
>    (Martin).
>  - Fixed compilation in OpenBSD (Ivo van der Sangen).
>
> [issue 45]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=45
> [issue 48]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=48
> [issue 50]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=50
> [issue 53]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=53
> [issue 55]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=55
> [issue 57]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=57
> [issue 60]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=60
> [issue 61]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=61
> [issue 62]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=62
>
> Cheers,
> jao

Hi. I am Awesome WM user thinking about swithcing to the xmonad. Could I
take an opportunity and ask about mouse support in xmonad/xmobar ?
Actually, I assume that xmobar does nothing with mouse, but what is a
common way of showing something like main menu to the user? Is there an
option of switching windows with mouse by pressing on some window's icon,
just like common DE does?

--
Thanks,
Sergey.