[Haskell-cafe] ANN: collada-output-0.1

Tillmann Vogt Tillmann.Vogt at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 29 10:50:10 EDT 2010

  A new graphics library:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/collada-output

Most of the graphics libraries on hackage use OpenGL to visualize 3d
objects.
With this library you now have the choice to use an external tool for
visualization and enjoy the flexibility of
a standard format for 3d data exchange. I.e. one could generate a
raytraced animation or
load the objects in a game engine. I think that the generation of 3d
objects can be much more powerful
and elegant than in other languages.
Since this library can be an output for some other libraries on hackage,
I would agree to various changes to achieve composability of libraries.

Cheers,
Tillmann