Re[Haskell-cafe] targeting Haskell compiler to embedded/hardware

-Steffen steffen.siering at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 05:48:14 EDT 2010

If you are really interested in embedded realtime code you may want to have a
look at the timber language[1] or bit-c[2]. Another very interesting project
is this[3] developing a new Haskell like language called Habit for systems
programming.

There are also some great papers about systems programming and problems in
Haskell. For example "Strongly typed memory areas programming systems-level
data structures in a functional language".

[1] http://www.timber-lang.org/
[2] http://www.bitc-lang.org/
[3] http://hasp.cs.pdx.edu/
[4] http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~mpj/pubs/bytedata.pdf