[Haskell-cafe] packaging a cgi binary using cabal

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Sep 23 05:09:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 22.09.2010, 15:53 +0100 schrieb Pedro Baltazar
Vasconcelos:
> I wrote a simple interactive tableaux theorem prover as a cgi in
> Haskell (http://www.ncc.up.pt/~pbv/cgi/tableaux.cgi) and would like
> to submit to hackage but need some advice on how to package it using
> cabal. In particular, the binary, CSS and bitmap files need to be
> installed under the web server directory (public_html or alike) rather
> than system or user directories.
>
> Any thoughts on how to do this?

In case of such research programs, where ease of installability is
usually more important than performance, I just include the data files
into the program. For example, in
http://darcs.nomeata.de/sem_syn/
the JQuery library and the file BUtils.hs are turned into Haskell string
literals using http://github.com/jgm/hsb2hs

This way, the resulting binary is really stand-alone and can be just
moved to the appropriate place on the web server.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner