[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell at bettercodes.org

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:21:42 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:15 AM, David Sankel <camior at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can understand why it would be slightly better for any website to not
> require JavaScript clients since it becomes a bit more accessible. I'm
> confused though about why being a "professional developer" site would make
> this feature even more important. Care to expand on that?
> Thanks,
> David

I would guess it's because developers are much more likely to be using
all manner of weird & wonderful methods of access, like a text browser
(elinks) from a command-line over a packet-radio link to the
sub-Saharan bush, as they try to develop a script to download the site
and compile everything into Brainfuck. Or something.

A 'normal' person, on the other hand, wouldn't know a
non-Safari/Firefox/IE/Chrome browser if it smacked them upside the
head.

--
gwern