[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: http-enumerator 0.0.0

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Sep 22 06:26:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Michael,
>
>> I'd like to announce the first release of http-enumerator[1], an HTTP
>> client package with support for HTTPS connections. This release is
>> very experimental; bug reports and API feedback are very welcome.
>
> This sounds nice (I'll certainly try it out). A non-technical question
> - why have you named it http-enumerator?
> If I've understood it right, this is kinda equivalent of curl/wget
> (for http/https) right?

There's been a tendency for packages using the enumerator package[1]
to suffix their name with -enumerator. In this case, I wouldn't have
bothered, but I frankly couldn't think of a better name for it. I'd
considered https (like the HTTP package, but has SSL support), but I
thought that would be too confusing.

If you have a recommendation, I'd consider renaming.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/enumerator