[Haskell-cafe] ANN: ieee version 0.7

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sun Sep 19 23:16:44 EDT 2010

On 20 September 2010 11:18, Patrick Perry <patperry at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Given that IEEE is actually a standards body and they have many
>> standards, wouldn't it be more appropriate to call this library
>> ieee754?
>
> If it seems important to people, I'd be happy to change the name.  I'm
> not religious about these things.  Will it clutter up hackage, though?

I reckon it's worth making it obvious that this library does 754 and
not, say, 1394 or 802.11 ;-) On the other hand if you intend on
expanding the package to implement every IEEE standard ... (j/k)

Anyway, good work. Does this have any overlap with
data-binary-ieee754? There was some recent discussion here about the
encoding speed in that package.

Conrad.