[Haskell-cafe] ANN: happstack-auth-0.2

Nils Schweinsberg ml at n-sch.de
Fri Sep 17 16:06:42 EDT 2010

Hey!

I'd like to announce the release of happstack-auth-0.2 [1]. It offers an
easy (and secure) way to implement user authentication for Happstack web
applications with a lot of high level functions and a solid
Happstack-State back-end.

The original project got started by MightyByte, until I took it over and
improved the whole package. As a result, the API has changed a lot and
if you were using the old happstack-auth you might consider rewriting
your application to use the new api.* However, your applications state
will be completely compatible with the new version and be migrated
automatically.

The package got uploaded to hackage and can now be installed via cabal:

     cabal install happstack-auth

It should build with both, the current stable release of happstack
(0.5.0.2) and the latest darcs version (0.5.1). If there are any
errors/bugs during building/running, please contact me!

A demonstration website is up and running with about 30 lines of code (+
html templates and the actual happstack server code) at [2].

If you don't want to wait until hackage rendered the haddock pages, you
can take a look at the (latest git version of the) API at [3].

Hope you enjoy it! :)

- Nils Schweinsberg / McManiaC

* You can still use the old state-query/update constructors by importing
"Happstack.Auth.Internal", although you'll miss a lot of features like
session management etc. In addition, MightyBytes old repo should be
still available at [4].

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/happstack-auth
[2] http://n-sch.de/happstack-auth
[3] http://n-sch.de/hdocs/happstack-auth