[Haskell-cafe] Web development work

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Sep 17 04:30:10 EDT 2010

In theory, I think there would be a lot of overlap. However, I still
think a separate site is worthwhile because:

* We can focus exclusively on Haskell.
* We can make the site streamlined for this specific purpose, as
opposed to just a small corner of another website.
* We'll probably want to add a bunch of other features in the future.
A simple example would be polls.
* The profiles can be much more rigorous, including Hackage
contributions, social network, etc.
* And if my other Haskell unified login takes off, this would be a
great feature of it.

That said, I don't intend to reinvent the wheel for its own sake or
split the community. If there was lack-luster interest in my idea and
people were content with CUFP, I wouldn't bother. It seems, however,
that there is general interest in a new site.

Michael