[Haskell-cafe] Haddock again

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 11 06:45:24 EDT 2010

Some time ago (I can't find the thread now), I wrote about the fun and
games I had with Haddock.

After much experimentation, I have discovered that if you have a
sufficiently new version of cabal-install, the configuration file has a
field entitled "document-index:" or similar. If you uncomment this and
use its default value, you get a documentation index generated for you.
But ONLY if you do a user-install, not a global-install, for reasons
beyond my comprehension. (I swear to God I got it to work with global
installs one time...)

Also, I commented that the links generated were broken, but it appears
that if you have a sufficiently new version of Haddock, the links work
just fine. (In other words, this particular bug is already fixed.)

Finally, I notice that the master index links to the packages, but the
packages do not link back. So it is impossible to navigate back to the
master index other than using the browser's "back" button. This
particular limitation seems to be present even in the shiny new release
of Haddock.

Really finally: It seems that all of Hackage has been redone using the
new Haddock. Wow, that was quick...