[Haskell-cafe] BPMN and BPEL

Hector Guilarte hectorg87 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:38:48 EDT 2010

Hello,

Does anybody knows if there is some work related to BPMN and/or BPEL done in
Haskell? Maybe some research or some papers?

I'm about to begin a mapper from BPMN to BPEL and Haskell is my first option
for doing it, but since my company is somehow married to .NET and nobody
else knows anything about Functional Programming or Haskell, using it might
be a problem for maintenance and scalability.

If somebody can point out really good reasons on why I should use Haskell to
do my work, please let me know them, they might help me convincing my
bosses. On the other hand, if you believe Haskell is a bad language for this
kind of task, and why C# or any other .NET language would be better, I'm
welcome to hear your reasons, they might convince me.

I know about F#, but the "problem" is not that Haskell is not .NET, the
"problem" is that it is functional programming and as I said before, nobody
here knows a bit about it. If I were to do it using FP, I would use Haskell
for sure, not F#.

Thank you very much,

Héctor Guilarte