[Haskell-cafe] overloaded list literals?

Stefan Holdermans stefan at vectorfabrics.com
Mon Sep 6 07:47:11 EDT 2010

Wolfgang,

> We should definitely get rid of these Is* class identifiers like
> IsString and IsList. We also don’t have IsNum, IsMonad, etc.

I see your point. For strings, however, there was of course never the possibility to dub the class String as that name is already taken by the type synonym.

In general, it is kind of unfortunate that type classes and type constructors share a namespace, even though there is no way to ever mix them up.

Cheers,

  Stefan