[Haskell-cafe] Restricted type classes

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:47:04 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 September 2010 22:23, John Lato <jwlato at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you have a kind * implementation of Foldable?  I'd be interested in
> > seeing it, because I was unable to create a usable implementation (based
> > upon the RMonad scheme) on my last attempt.
>
> I was going to make it a subset of Foldable: fold, foldr, foldl, etc.

So you don't have a working implementation yet?  I ended up thinking this is
impossible, although I don't remember the reasoning that led me to that
conclusion (and I could very well be wrong).

I would suggest that you check this before going too far along the
restricted-monad path.

John