[Haskell-cafe] Re: My knight's tour does not seem to end

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sun Oct 10 17:59:18 EDT 2010

Stephen Tetley wrote:
> On 10 October 2010 11:31, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did you mean this
>> http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/comp150fp/archive/richard-bird/sudoku.pdf?
>
> I was actually meaning these slides...
> http://icfp06.cs.uchicago.edu/bird-talk.pdf

But the paper is definitely worth reading, too! Though it requires only
elementary Haskell knowledge, it is still some piece of work if you try to
follow all the details.

C K Kashyap wrote:
> This is probably what I like (and dislike - in a nice way) - my quest
> to master Haskell has been like traversing through a ever expanding
> tree :)
> Very different from a bunch of "learn over a weekend" language!!!

Absolutely. And IME it never ends. I have studied Haskell for over 6 years
now and I still find lots of stuff out there that makes my brain hurt (like
Oleg's iteratee/enumerator code; though I feel like I am on the verge of
finally getting the hang of it).

Cheers
Ben