[Haskell-cafe] Re: Lazy evaluation from "Why Functional programming matters"

Neil Brown nccb2 at kent.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 11:12:34 EDT 2010

On 06/10/10 11:00, C K Kashyap wrote:
> My ultimate aim it to
> write an EDSL for x86 - as in, describe a micro-kernel in haskell,
> compiling and running which would generate C code ( not sure if it's
> even possible - but I am really hopeful).

Have you seen Potential
(http://intoverflow.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/announcing-potential-x86-64-assembler-as-a-haskell-edsl/)?
Quote:

"The language’s goal is to provide a solid foundation for the
development of a useful (multi-tasked, multi-processor, etc) microkernel"

Which sounds like it's exactly what you want. Also, see Harpy
(http://uebb.cs.tu-berlin.de/harpy/).

Thanks,

Neil.