[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell web development entries on the Wiki

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Oct 6 08:16:02 EDT 2010

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Christopher Done wrote:

> On 6 October 2010 12:47, Henning Thielemann
> <thunderbird at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
>> I for instance use http-shed and mohws all the time. They do what they shall
>> do for me. I maintain mohws
>
> Please move the ones you use and maintain to the active list!

  I'm generally not glad that some people rearrange existing structure and
expect that all of the affected authors follow. It's already tedious to
catch up with the yearly changes in GHC's package and other base packages
(e.g. transformers recently), and annoying when people propose to mark
packages as "inactive" or "unmaintained" in Hackage whenever the package
authors did not update their packages so far (and certainly lose
compatibility to older 'base' versions this way).
  I would be glad if there is no further action to be taken for package
authors, who added their packages somewhen in the past and don't see a
reason to regularly check whether their packages are still listed in the
Wiki, without being marked "inactive" or so. If you think the
re-structuring is necessary, then at least ask the maintainers, whether
they still maintain their packages, or just sort the packages according to
the degree of activity you assume, but stay away from categorizing the
packages in "active" and "inactive" based on speculation.