[Haskell-cafe] Re: I still cannot seem to get a GUI working under Windows.

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sat Oct 2 11:23:50 EDT 2010

Vo Minh Thu wrote:
> Is it right that by using flattr, you end up donating the same amount
> of money to every flattred person in a month?

Yes.

> So you can donate more
> the previous month to some project you value less than another project
> the next month. This seems weird to me.

That's the price of the vanishing marginal cost of flattr donations. :)

But how about putting it this way: isn't it great that you no longer
have to worry about attributing fair values to each project, since this
cognitive burden would make you less likely of donating in the first
place? ;)

Personally, I revisit projects I value a lot every month anyway, which
boils down to a larger share in the end.

Regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com