[Haskell-cafe] Type Directed Name Resolution

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Nov 11 01:51:36 EST 2010

"Richard O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> writes:

>> it is often desirable to have the same field names
>> for many records in the same module.

> I'm not sure that it is desirable to have "many records in the
> same module" in the first place.

One possibility might be to allow mulitple module definitions in the
same file, making it easier to wrap each record in its own module
without running into a Java-like forest of files.

(I've proposed this before, and although I don't remember the specifics,
ISTR the response being mostly negative.)

-k