[Haskell-cafe] Re: Functions of type foo :: f a -> g a

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Thu May 13 15:42:52 EDT 2010

There is also a (naive) metamorphism combinator in my category-extras
library:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/category-extras/0.53.4/doc/html/Control-Morphism-Meta-Gibbons.html

Though it is definitely worth pursuing the optimizations that Gibbons talks
about in his very good spigot paper.

Another option might be to rephrase your problem into something suitable to
the Generator/Reducer framework in

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/monoids-0.1.36

Since in many ways if f is a Generator and g is a Reducer, that is exactly
what my monoids api is all about. Though there I admit, I'd need to know
more about the problem domain.

-Edward Kmett