[Haskell-cafe] Re: What do _you_ want to see in FGL?

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon May 10 10:17:01 EDT 2010

On 11 May 2010 00:08, Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
> Because looking up the Map is already very convenient. Why shall I go via
> the graph? In the Make example, the graph represents relations between
> files. It is not important what particular shell commands must be run for
> generating one file from other ones. Why bothering the topological sort
> algorithm with that information then?

You're splitting apart related data into _three_ different data
structures (the graph, vertex labels and edge labels)?  _That_ doesn't
make sense.

For starters, you have to ensure you keep them in sync (which FGL will
already do for you).

As for the Make example; who said you had to put the shell commands as
labels?  But I think that a label that indicates which cluster a
particular node belongs to makes sense to be part of the graph itself
rather than in an auxiliary data structure.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com