[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Australian Hackathon

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Tue Mar 16 02:02:22 EDT 2010

Ivan Miljenovic wrote:

> Would other Australians be interested in having our own Hackathon (why
> should all those northerners have all the fun)?

Agreed!

>  I'm thinking about
> organising it to be in the July break between university semesters.

I'm a working programmer who has no idea when the university semesters
start and end. Please don't leave me out :-).

> * LLVM if David Terei comes

I'm definitely interested in that one. I spent some time last night
starting to package LLVM and its dependencies for Debian.

> So, at least as an initial listing, we'd need to have a listing of:
> 1) Who's interested
> 2) What dates are good

As the father of a school age child, I have some rather high demands
on my 4 weeks of annual leave. For me, it would be advantageous if
this could be arranged to overlap a weekend or better yet a long
weekend.

> 3) What projects people want to work on

Ben's DDC compiler is another interesting project people could work on.

Cheers,
Erik