[Haskell-cafe] Books for "advanced" Haskell

Curt Sampson cjs at starling-software.com
Thu Mar 4 04:28:49 EST 2010

On 2010-03-01 15:44 +0100 (Mon), Günther Schmidt wrote:

> Apart from monads there are of course also Applicative Functors,
> Monoids, Arrows and what have you. But in short the Monad thingy seems
> to be the most "powerful" one of them all.

Perhaps not exactly. I build monads left and right, but that's because
I don't understand much else. :-) Before you get all hung up on them,
though, I recommend reading "The Typeclassopedia,"[1], which will
introduce you to all of the monad's friends and family.

[1]: http://byorgey.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/monadreader-13-is-out/

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs at cynic.net>         +81 90 7737 2974