[Haskell-cafe] What is Haskell unsuitable for?

Pierre-Etienne Meunier pierreetienne.meunier at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 09:15:00 EDT 2010

> - an existing solution exists which does the job and you know you're not
>  going to patch the source ( eg OpenOffice or Linux kernel, or simple
>  build scripts. There is already make etc )

Don't you find yourself looking at the documentation each time you want to write a loop in a Makefile ? Cause I do, and each time I think : "what can't I script this in haskell or caml ?".

If anyone here is looking for a graph search / GHC API / Unix filesystem / parsec exercise, and has got the time to glue all this together : DO IT !

Cheers,
PE