[Haskell-cafe] Porting ELF statifier to Haskell!

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 00:20:23 EDT 2010

Hi,
At my work we ran into a situation where we started wishing there was a way
to take a dynamically linked executable and create a statically linked
bundle out of it. Little bit of googling got me to statifier -
http://statifier.sourceforge.net/statifier/main.html. The project seems a
little old and when I tried it out on my 32bit RHEL5 box, the statically
linked file did not run. So I thought it would be a good exercise to try and
use Haskell's Elf module (Data.Elf) and attempt to build a statifier. Just
wanted to understand if anyone's tried this before or have any advice for
me.
--
Regards,
Kashyap