[Haskell-cafe] Internship in Tokyo

employment jobs at tsurucapital.com
Mon Dec 27 06:27:45 CET 2010

Tsuru Capital will be taking on interns again in 2011.  The internship
period is three months.  There should be a position available again from
January.

The position is in Tokyo in a English speaking team of around 6 people.  The
company does algorithmic options market-making.  The exact roles are not
fixed yet but the projects will be something supportive to the trading
activity.  We are looking for Haskell programmers and preference will go to
those with experience in Haskell programming.  Without any experience it is
unlikely that you will be selected.  Our interns typically work on projects
relating to reporting and statistics, using databases, web interfaces and
iteratees on Linux systems. Performance tuning, optimization and testing are
very important to us.

We should emphasise that although we are doing trading the intern positions
will be just tangential to the activity and we are really looking for people
who want to do programming more than people who want to do finance.  Those
looking for actual trading experience may be disappointed. At the current
time we are not looking expand the team working on the trading itself.

Compensation would be a small package including flights and accommodation.
If interested please send a resume to

jobs at tsurucapital.com

You can see more details about the company at
tsurucapital.com  and at the company page on LinkedIn

For those who have applied before but would like to be considered again it
may be worth just sending a reminder mail, giving the dates you are
available.