[Haskell-cafe] gtk2hs and hmake websites

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 12 22:15:19 CET 2010

On 12 December 2010 20:55, Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> * Joachim Breitner:
>
> > I get regular error message from some Debian tools that check for new
> > upstream versions that it cannot find http://haskell.org/hmake, and
> > http://haskell.org/gtk2hs seems to be gone as well since the recent move
> > of haskell.org. Is that temporary or will these projects have to find
> > new homes?
>
> There's a thread on the haskell list concerning this topic:
>
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general/18358>
>
> I just discovered this breakage while investigating the state of
> HaXml.  Without your message, I would have thought that HaXml is
> abandonware because all the links seem to be broken.  But then I
> discovered the discussion.
>
> In your case, the working links appear to be these:
>
> <http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/hmake/>
> <http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/gtk2hs/>
>
> So the net effect will be a migration from haskell.org to
> haskell.cs.yale.edu, and not to community.haskell.org.  I think that's
> pretty odd, but people will have their reasons for doing it this way.

No, I think these websites just haven't been moved, yet.
haskell.cs.yale.edu was the location of haskell.org before the move
and the content is therefore still there.  Only haskell.org now points
to the new server which does not host these sites.  The policy for the
new server is different, so they won't be hosted directly on the new
server.  The correct new location will be community.haskell.org.

However, we can create redirects, so the old links will still work.
The procedure for the site maintainers is therefore the same as
mentioned in the thread you linked:

  1. Get an account on community.haskell.org
  2. Copy site content over.
  3. Ask for a redirect from haskell.org/<project> to
community.haskell.org/<project> at http://community.haskell.org/admin/

--
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.