[Haskell-cafe] non-blocking recv from UDP socket

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 07:15:17 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Vo Minh Thu <noteed at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Ok, that explains also why using fcntl directly on the fd didn't work
> either. So, I think I will go the FFI road and create my socket the
> way I want. Do you see another way?

Not if you want a solution right now. You can still use
Network.Socket.Internal to get hold of the file descriptor and that way your
new function will work with the old Socket type.

>  If it is widely useful, I guess it would be great. I don't mind
> writing some C and using the FFI though.

OK. I don't quite have time to look into it right now. If someone could
suggest an API (and then implement it) I would be happy to review the
patches.

-- Johan