[Haskell-cafe] The instability of Haskell libraries

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:34:37 EDT 2010

Keith Sheppard <keithshep at gmail.com> writes:
> What Gwern said for 1) and 3)
>
>> 2) Not all head repositories are kept stable/buildable at all times.
>>

> Isn't it bad practice to not have a buildable repo? In any case
> package owners would be free to use or ignore the data as they like,
> but I'm pretty sure it would be useful to many.

I often work on different sub-parts of my packages; as such the
interactions between them might not work.  I don't see why I should
ensure that it does, as the repository is a _development environment_
not a release.

That said, there are some projects which generally _are_
buildable/usable for their repositories (e.g. XMonad and
XMonad-Contrib).  But these are large multi-person projects with moving
targets; the stuff i write is being developed by myself only.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com