[Haskell-cafe] Build problems (hsp, trhsx, ultimately Happstack)

Alexander Solla ajs at 2piix.com
Thu Apr 22 14:47:37 EDT 2010

Consider the following bash session:

[ ajs at kizaru:~/ ]$ which trhsx
/home/ajs/.cabal/bin/trhsx

[ ajs at kizaru:~/ ]$ trhsx
Usage: trhsx <infile> [<outfile>]

[ ajs at kizaru:~/ ]$ cabal install hsp
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring hsp-0.4.5...
Preprocessing library hsp-0.4.5...
Building hsp-0.4.5...
ghc: could not execute: trhsx
hsp-0.4.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Does anybody have any suggestions?  I'm trying to install Happstack on
Arch Linux (GHC 6.12.1).   ~/.cabal/bin/ is in my path and trhsx runs.

I've had this problem before, and I think I ran cabal as root for the
HSP package.  That's not working this time.  I get the same failure.