[Haskell-cafe] Profiling

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:29:09 EDT 2010

"rodrigo.bonifacio" <rodrigo.bonifacio at uol.com.br> writes:
> "Could not find module `Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec.Language':
> ....Perhaps you haven't installed the profiling libraries for package `parsec-3.1.0'?
> ....Use -v to see a list of the files searched for."

How did you install parsec?  You need to rebuild it with profiling
library support.  If you used cabal-install, you have two options:

1) set library-profiling to True in ~/.cabal/config and then
    cabal install parsec --reinstall
2) cabal install parsec --reinstall --enable-library-profiling

> When I build the project without the "-prof -auto-all", the project
> compiles without any error or warning. I build GHC (6.10.4) from
> source, without changing any build option.

This has nothing to do with GHC.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com