[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HaskellTorrent/Combinatorrent v0.2.0

Jesper Louis Andersen jesper.louis.andersen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 17:40:54 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Stephan Maka <stephan at spaceboyz.net> wrote:

>> * Introduce RTS benchmarks:
>>     See http://jlouis.github.com/combinatorrent where we plot SVG-based
>>     sparklines for various key RTS parameters over time (works best in Opera or
>>     Chrome). A slow-changing regression has a much harder time hiding now.
>
> Interesting too, but the graphs are still way too small and have way too
> few data to be intuitive. I recommend the Chart library that is the
> foundation to the Criterion graphs as well.

I don't disagree. This is why I have kept the data in its raw form so
one can have them to play with. If you want access to the data, I can
easily push it to the repo.

On a side note, I pushed v0.2.1 and v0.2.2, the latter of which really
cuts down on the space leaks. I am still on leak-hunting with the heap
profiler, but it seem much better now compared to the v0.2.0 release -
which was pretty bad.

--
J.