[Haskell-cafe] auto-recompile (Re: Haskell web dev - ASP .NET analogue?)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Apr 15 20:12:38 EDT 2010

Re the auto-recompiling part, here is one of my favourite tools. I have used it to auto-build happstack, yesod and
hakyll apps/sites:

# "continuous integration" - recompile and restart
# whenever a module changes. sp is from searchpath.org, you might
# need the patched version from http://joyful.com/repos/searchpath
ci:
   sp --no-exts --no-default-map ghc --make -o app --make app.hs --run

Also, you didn't ask for this but while I'm pasting.. here's a thorough darcs posthook, for doing something when a
repo's content changes (add the below to _darcs/prefs/defaults):

apply posthook          make build
apply run-posthook
pull posthook           make build
pull run-posthook