[Haskell-cafe] Doing people's homework?

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Sep 28 20:01:22 EDT 2009

Am Dienstag 29 September 2009 01:40:02 schrieb Michael P Mossey:
> I'm not really hip to the culture here so this is just an observation, but
> some of the recent questions posted to this list (and
> beginners at haskell.org) look a lot like someone's homework. Is anyone here
> concerned about avoiding giving the full answer, or maybe it's really none
> of our business (we aren't responsible for anyone's learning process)?

The (unofficial and not enforceable) policy is here:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Homework_help

If you notice somebody wants you to do their homework, you don't.
If the proper questions are asked, you help (guide into the right direction).
If you don't realize soon enough that somebody wanted their homework done and you've given
a complete answer, hopefully their instructors read the lists, too.