[Haskell-cafe] What is

DavidA polyomino at f2s.com
Tue Sep 22 16:01:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

When I try to build my HaskellForMaths library
(http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HaskellForMaths)
using GHC6.10.4 on Mac OS X (Leopard), I get several
"ld warning: atom sorting error" (see below). The
same code built without problems under GHC6.10.3 on Windows.
The code in question is using phantom types
to parameterise type constructors.

Should I be worried? (It's only a warning - I believe the build is fine.)

ld warning: atom sorting error for
_HaskellForMathszm0zi1zi8_MathziAlgebrazi
CommutativeziMonomial_Grevlex_closure_tbl and
_HaskellForMathszm0zi1zi8_MathziAlgebrazi
CommutativeziMonomial_Lex_closure_tbl in
dist/build/Math/Algebra/Commutative/Monomial.o
ld warning: atom sorting error for
_HaskellForMathszm0zi1zi8_MathziAlgebrazi
CommutativeziMonomial_Glex_closure_tbl and
_HaskellForMathszm0zi1zi8_MathziAlgebrazi
CommutativeziMonomial_Grevlex_closure_tbl in
dist/build/Math/Algebra/Commutative/Monomial.o
ld warning: atom sorting error for
_HaskellForMathszm0zi1zi8_MathziAlgebrazi
CommutativeziMonomial_Elim_closure_tbl and
_HaskellForMathszm0zi1zi8_MathziAlgebrazi
CommutativeziMonomial_Glex_closure_tbl in