[Haskell-cafe] Cabal install on Windows 7

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 08:26:38 EDT 2009

No Windows XP did not have support for roaming profiles yet I think.

But it wouldn't be too difficult to use %LOCALAPPDATA% first, and when
it doesn't exist, use %APPDATA%?

This article explains a lot about the differences; I didn't have time
yet to read it in detail
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766489(WS.10).aspx

What other software sometimes does (like Autodesk Maya), is just
create a folder in the "My Documents" logical folder. I personally
don't like this.