[Haskell-cafe] GUI library

Job Vranish jvranish at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:59:35 EDT 2009

Deallocation is automatic (just like C++ Qt)

C++ Qt has excellent unicode support. I haven't explicit tried it in
qtHaskell, but as far as I know it should work just fine.

Unfortunatly it does not currently build just with cabal, however the build
scripts are very clean (no configure) and the haskell half is cabalized.
     To build on windows you only need the haskell platform and the Qt SDK
(and then you either have to put the ghc path into Qts qtEnv.bat (what I
did), or you have to put the Qt paths into the system path) and then you run
the qtHaskells build.bat and you're done.
     To build on linux you need the haskell platform and Qt4 dev libraries
(they are probably in your distros package manager) and then you run the
qtHaskells build script, and your done. Umm, with one gotcha, on my system I
had to replace two instances of 'gmake' in the build script with 'make'. You
might not have to do that on your system.

Qt uses the native APIs to draw controls, so your apps look appropriate on
different platforms.

- Job