[Haskell-cafe] Re: Libraries for Commercial Users

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:07:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 09:43 -0600, John A. De Goes wrote:
> Here's a list of libraries that are quite significant to commercial
> software development in 2009,

For the kinds of applications that you would like to build.

> but which either do not exist in Haskell, or if they exist, are hard
> to find, undocumented, unstable, or perhaps uncompilable:

Certainly having more libs enables more apps and that stuff would enable
your applications. Fortunately it's not an all-or-nothing thing. There
are plenty of applications we can do now. For the commercial software
I've developed in Haskell, all the libraries I've needed were available
and sufficiently mature: decent data structures, binary serialisation,
fast random numbers, date/time handling, GUI lib.

Duncan