[Haskell-cafe] haskell-mode.el mailing list (+ dpatch)

Valery V. Vorotyntsev valery.vv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:06:00 EST 2009

Is there anybody except me feeling the need for mailing list and issue
tracker for emacs' haskell-mode?

Mailing list is a forum to discuss ideas _and_ the area of patch
authors' self-advertisement. And issue tracker is a TODO list; it may
be useful or annoying, and I think we can live without one for a
while.

But I vote for haskell-mode.el mailing list.

Examples:
  http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/list

-- Description of the attached dpatch:
  * make `inferior-haskell-find-project-root' respect export lists

  A "hierarchical module" (one or more dots in module name) with an
  export list cannot be loaded (`C-c C-l') unless there is .cabal file
  available.

  That is because regexp current in `inferior-haskell-find-project-root'
  does not match module headers with export lists. Like this one:

  module Codec.Binary.MSCP (
      -- * Data structures
      FileHeader(..),
      CDR(..),

      -- * Parsing
      readFile
    ) where

  This patch makes the regexp less strict.

Have fun!

--
vvv
<#part type="application/octet-stream" filename="/tmp/XXX/respect-export-lists.dpatch" disposition=attachment description=respect-export-lists.dpatch>