[Haskell-cafe] ghci + user prelude

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 17 15:33:17 EST 2009

Excerpts from Sean McLaughlin's message of Mon Nov 16 19:06:06 -0500 2009:
> Hi.  I'm aware of this option, and use it frequently to override the
> default prelude, but it doesn't help this problem:

I suppose this is the appropriate quote from the GHC manual:

""" GHC normally imports Prelude.hi files for you. If you'd rather it didn't,
then give it a -XNoImplicitPrelude option. The idea is that you can then import
a Prelude of your own. (But don't call it Prelude; the Haskell module namespace
is flat, and you must not conflict with any Prelude module.)"""

Cheers,
Edward