[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hesql

Jake Wheat jakewheatmail at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 14 14:37:59 EST 2009

Hello Christoph,

I've been working on a SQL parser
(http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hssqlppp) which might be useful
for your project, although it might be a bit heavy weight (its feature
scope getting more and more out of control...). Adding support for
parsing ? placeholder statements is on my todo list, I could bump it
up to the top if that would be useful to you.

Also, have you checked out MetaHDBC
(http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/MetaHDBC). I think it has similar
goals to your project.

2009/11/13 Colin Paul Adams <colin at colina.demon.co.uk>:
> Why would hesql be an improvement for me? It sounds like several steps backwards?

The last few paragraphs on this page
http://lindstroem.wordpress.com/2008/09/18/metahdbc-paper-draft/
(comment dated November 4, 2008 at 9:31 pm, starting with 'Second,
MetaHDBC is a thin layer above a DBMS, as compared to ...') give some
reasons why an approach like this might sometimes be preferred to a
haskelldb-like approach, different situations can recommend one or the
other.

Thanks,
Jake Wheat