[Haskell-cafe] Re: Beginner SOS

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Thu May 28 02:30:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009 15:04:36 -0700, Thomas DuBuisson
<thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ?There are links to some great tutorials [1] and IRC
>>> information where you can get real-time help [2]. ?Also there are some
>>> good books [3].
>>>
>>> I think most "recent" learners learned from YAHT [4], Gentle
>>> Introduction [5], and LYAH [6]. ?I personall read [3] & [4] and
>>> eventually discovered [7], which is well written but last I checked
>>> isn't nearly a complete tutorial.
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>
>> Did you forget the actual URLs?
>
>Arrghhh,
>Indeed - that's what I get for copy/pasting between boxes.
>
>[1] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Tutorials
>[2] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IRC_channel
>[3] look for 'Real World Haskell' and 'The Craft of Functional Programming'
>[4] http://darcs.haskell.org/yaht/yaht.pdf
>[5] http://www.haskell.org/tutorial/
>[6] http://learnyouahaskell.com/
>[7] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell

Another book that I would recommend is the following:

Programming in Haskell
by Graham Hutton
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/book.html

Duncan Coutts has written a book review on this title, in which he
highly recommends the book, at the following site:

Book Review: “Programming in Haskell” by Graham Hutton
by Duncan Coutts
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/book-review.pdf

There is also an eBook version of the above-mentioned title available
at the following site:

eBooks.com - Programming in Haskell eBook
http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=307017

Please keep in mind that, unlike most other books and tutorials on
Haskell, neither _Real World Haskell_ nor _Programming in Haskell_
assumes that the reader is highly mathematically-inclined.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^