[Haskell-cafe] Learning Haskell

Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll sjurberengal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 06:28:54 EDT 2009

må. den 23.03.2009 klokka 20:08 (-0700) skreiv Tom.Amundsen:
> How long did it take you to become proficient in Haskell? By that, I mean -
> how long until you were just as comfortable with Haskell as you were with
> your strongest language at that time?

It's been nine months since I first started learning, but for about five
months in the middle I didn't do any Haskell hacking (or much hacking at
all). Measuring completeness of knowledge, Haskell still ranks below
Python and Java, but measuring ability to solve a given problem Haskell
comes out on top. Of course, I've only been programming for two years
total...