[Haskell-cafe] Ease of Haskell development on OS X?

Jeff Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:06:11 EDT 2009

Critiano, despite that thread, yes, there is decent support for
Haskell on Mac OS X.  The main problem is that the ports system to
install Gtk2Hs isn't terribly great, as in it mostly doesn't work, but
if you're willing to get Gtk2Hs compiled on your own, then after that,
I've found it to be nearly the same. I'm an OpenGL developer myself.
I develop and cross-port all my appilcations to the Mac, because I use
a Mac at home.  I don't know about PowerPC, but if you're getting a
new Mac, it should be fine.

So... if you're using GLUT or GLFW as your OpenGL windowing system
backend, you should have no trouble at all.  If you're using Gtk2Hs,
just be aware that it'll take some manual tweaking, but that it can be
done.

-- Jeff