[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Logo Voting has started!

Eelco Lempsink eelco at lempsink.nl
Tue Mar 17 12:04:10 EDT 2009

On 17 mrt 2009, at 16:33, Rick R wrote:
> I just went through the logo page and wrote down my favorite 20
> logos in one column, and gave them a rank in the other. Then
> translated that into the voting list using the combo boxes (not the
> buttons).  The total process took 20 minutes.

Yeah, the combo boxes are terribly slow.  I tried them with a smaller
poll, and there seems to be a bit of exponential behavior.  If you
want to do it this way (pick x, rank them), I suggest you start with
putting the ones you ranked lowest on top first, using the 'to top'
button, and then move the up your list to put the next one on top
until you reached the top one.

--
Regards,

Eelco Lempsink